Reflections About Classical Adlerian Depth Psychotherapy: Theory, Practice, and Life

A vigorously optimistic and inspiring approach to prevention and treatment, Classical Adlerian Depth Psychotherapy balances the equally important needs for individual, optimal development and social contribution. With a solid foundation in the original teachings and therapeutic style of Alfred Adler, it integrates the self-actualization research of Abraham Maslow. For more information, visit our web site at http//www.Adlerian.us

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

Classical Adlerian psychotherapist and training analyst. Director of the Alfred Adler Institute of Northwestern Washington, offering distance training in Classical Adlerian psychotherapy. Tel: (360) 647-5670. Email: htstein@att.net

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Windows, Mac, & Linux (Ubuntu)

I'm a long time Windows OS user, and at the urging of an associate, I bought a Mac laptop about a year ago. It took a while to adjust to the new format, but I began to appreciate the clean, coherent interface. Out of curiosity, I also tried the Knoppix version of Linux, running it solely from a CD--interesting, but not compelling. However, I just discovered the Unbuntu version of Linux and installed it on my old Pentium III laptop, leaving Windows in one partition. To my surprise and delight, Ubuntu is a lovely interface. Getting adjusted to Linux has taken some patience, but the prospect of a totally free OS and an abundance of free applications is hard to resist. I've also discovered a small, helpful group of users on an Ubuntu forum who generously provide guidance to the beginner. With the exception of a few favorite applications like Ecco Pro, and Edge Diagrammer, I've been able to find plenty of Linux versions of applications like OpenOffice, Skype, and C-Map. The built-in browser and email program work just fine. Give Ubuntu a try--its a refreshing newcomer, and you can't beat the price.

Labels: , , ,